VP of Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Chief Revenue Officer
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Concord, Masschusetts
Our nation relies on nonprofits to solve our most pressing social issues. Join us as we equip the foot soldiers in this work – the CEOs and volunteer board members – as they build a better future. BoardOnTrack is a high growth SaaS start-up providing expertise, training, web-based tools and a membership community to non-profit boards nationwide.
BoardOnTrack is looking for a smart, creative, and analytical marketing leader to build out our marketing and communication functions across our customer lifecycle and partner ecosystem.
You will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic marketing plan.
This role covers everything from strategy to experimentation, execution and analysis. We are looking for a person who can help us take our current traction and turn it into a viral success and exponential growth. The right addition to our team will be able to systematically build up the various programs and build a team around them as the business scales. A proven track record of implementing best practices for marketing and communications functions in an early stage SaaS business is essential.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications plans to create a consistent brand experience across our customer lifecycle and external partner ecosystem working closely with Sales, Customer Success and Product teams.
- Execution of inbound marketing tactics such as search engine optimization (SEO), social media, landing page conversion testing, online advertising, and email marketing to grow quantity and quality of leads.
- Leverage our amazing treasure trove of rich content into explosive lead gen growth.
- Help us build a vibrant online community of people interested in transforming nonprofit governance.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Set and achieve quarterly lead generation metrics
- Deliver agreed upon annual Marketing ROI
- Consistently optimize and improve BOT website and web presence.
- Measure campaign results and optimize to hit agreed upon targets and goals.
- Build integrated customer facing marketing plans to driving customer retention/usage.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of hands-on, relevant work experience in marketing roles within an early stage SaaS company
- Comfort with and experience in building things from scratch without a marketing team
- Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, and marketing automation is required
- Must be able to use data for decision-making in combination with intuition, common sense and judgment
- Technically-savvy. Customer- and business-oriented. Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a small, tight-knit team.
- Experience using/understanding of paid media platforms and creating and associated metrics
- Experience with Marketo and Salesforce essential
- Proven experience exceeding Lead Generation targets
- Proven ROI metric attainment
- Engaging portfolio of marketing communication examples
- Examples of thought leadership promotion
- Experience with a start ups and working in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems with limited supervision, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- A collaborative work style, innovative thinking, strong work ethic, and sense of humor
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to develop strategy and simultaneously roll up your sleeves and dive deep in the weeds
- Must be metric and results-driven
- Independent, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and self-starter
- Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player
- Principled individual with high ethical standards
To apply, email a resume and cover letter
Please note the cover letter is essential -- tell us why you and why this job. It is your chance to stand out from the crowd.